This recipe combines two of our favorite things: pumpkins and chocolate. And it’s easy enough for novice bakers. Recipe here from I am baker.
Speaking of Pumpkins and getting into the Fall spirit, we came across this super easy Pumpkin Panna Cotta recipe by Mark Bittman. We hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin, squash or sweet potato
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Put 1/2 cup of the milk in a 6- or 8-cup saucepan, and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, blend together the remaining milk, cream, pumpkin, sugar and cinnamon. The mixture should be perfectly smooth, so it is best to use a blender.
- 2. Turn the heat under the saucepan to low, and cook the milk, stirring occasionally, until the gelatin dissolves. Pour in the cream mixture, and turn the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until steam rises. Turn off the heat, and ladle or pour the mixture into 8 4-ounce ramekins or other containers.
- 3.Chill the panna cotta until firm, and serve, with creme fraiche or whipped cream if you like.
- Yield: 8 servings